The Winning Poker Network, including Americas Cardroom and Black Chip Poker, are hosting a $1 million guaranteed poker tournament on April 24.
On April 24 at 4 pm, the Winning Poker Network is getting back to its roots with a $1 million guaranteed tournament just like the old Sunday Majors.
Back before the Black Friday event, of which we just recently “celebrated” the fifth anniversary, Sundays were the day for tournament poker. Every major poker room and poker network had a big set of what were called the “Sunday Majors,” which were large tournaments with huge guarantees, often in the seven-figure range.
The Winning Poker Network is bringing back the seven-figure Sunday tournament on Sunday, April 24 at 4 pm Eastern with their Million dollar Sunday event.
This event is a pretty huge deal with a $1 million guaranteed prize pool and $200,000 guaranteed for the first place winner. Keep reading to learn more about how you can get into this event.
Buy-in and Tournament Details
This event has a $540 buy-in, and even though it’s a traditional freeze-out, that’s still a bit high for most peoples budget. Because of that, they’re offering a huge selection of satellites, many of which have tons of guaranteed seats, as listed below.
Otherwise, there will be 15-minute levels in this event, and players will start with 10,000 chips. This is a fairly deep-stacked event with nine-handed tables, and to make things even more convenient, everyone who makes the final table is going to get a free bank wire withdrawal. This is the largest online poker tournament that’s been available for quite a while for US players, and it’s a really big deal.
The satellite schedule for this event is absolutely crazy, and they’re giving away a ton of seats. The main satellites that most people will see are the following:
- Daily $30+3 at 4:45 pm with turbo blinds; three seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
- Daily $30+3 at 8:45 pm with turbo blinds; five seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
But that’s not all. A number of other huge satellite events are happening in addition to these daily tournaments:
- Wednesday, April 20 at 8:45 pm, $40+4; 25 seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
- Thursday, April 21 at 8:45 pm, $40+4; 25 seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
- Friday, April 22 at 7:30 pm, $60+6; 50 seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
- Saturday, April 23 at 7:30 pm, $60+6; 100 seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
- Sunday, April 24 at 1:30 pm, $80+8; 150 seats guaranteed to the Million Dollar Sunday
Hundreds of seats are being given away to this $540 event with these satellites, and it’s clear to see that they want to completely pack this thing to have the largest online poker tournament that US players have seen in years.
There are several microstakes and freeroll options available to win seats into some of the satellite tournaments listed on the schedule above. All of the following options are happening daily until the day of the tournament on April 24:
- 11:00 pm freeroll, three seats guaranteed to 50-seat satelllite on April 22
- 1:00 am freeroll, three seats guaranteed to 100-seat satellite on April 23
- 2:30 am freeroll, five seats guaranteed to 150-seat satellite on April 24
- $3+0.15 at 1:45 pm; five seats guaranteed to daily $30+3 three seats guaranteed event
- $4+0.20 at 2:30 pm; five seats guaranteed to daily $30+3 three seats guaranteed event
- $4+0.20 at 3:45 pm; 10 seats guaranteed to daily $30+3 three seats guaranteed event
- $3+0.15 at 5:05 pm; five seats guaranteed to daily $30+3 five seats guaranteed event
- $4+0.20 at 6:15 pm; five seats guaranteed to daily $30+3 five seats guaranteed event
- $4+0.20 at 7:35 pm; 10 seats guaranteed to daily $30+3 five seats guaranteed event
There are clearly a ton of ways to get in on the action, even on a budget.
Importance of This Event
The importance of this Million Dollar Sunday event can’t be emphasized enough. This is the type of event that player pokers from all across the globe used to get together for on a weekly basis, and it was broken up after the Black Friday event because US players weren’t able to participate. Now they can get in on the action and get a piece of this massive prize pool.